Flea Market FAQ's
Q. How do I list an item for sale?
A. To list your item for sale you will be required to complete a two-step process. To begin this process simply select "Place An Ad" from the main menu and follow the steps below:
Q. Build your online Flea Market ad to appear on www.TheFleaMarket.com.au
- Select the classification where you would like your ad to appear.
- Give your ad a title.
- Enter the price of the item.
- ONO indicates 'or nearest offer'. By checking this box you are willing to accept offers nearest to your listed price allowing buyers to negotiate with you.
- Give your item a description: A description may include the items condition, colours, materials, uses, benefits. The item description is limited to 1000 characters in length
- Location of your item (postcode and/or suburb).
- Ad enhancement options: These extra options give you the chance to stand out from the crowd and help increase your chances of selling your item. Each enhancement is subject to include an extra cost.
- Upload images of your item. You can add up to 6 photos using the image upload tool.
- Enter the details you want buyers to contact you on. You have the option to show or hide your personal phone details.
Q. Supply your print ad details to appear in The Mercury Newspaper
- The Title, Price, Location and Advertiser details you entered in the previous page are pre-populated into your print ad.
- You will be required to supply a second description for your newspaper print ad.
- You have the option to display certain details in the print ad by checking the corresponding boxes.
- You can choose to add a photo to your print ad for a fee.
- You can make your ad stand out by purchasing styles such as a border or large heading.
- Select the date you want your ad to print by selecting either 'First available dates' or 'Next available dates'.
Q. How much does it cost to list my item?
A. Items that are $500.00 or less can be listed free of charge. Please note this does not include add-on features, which are optional and may have extra charges associated with them.
Q. How do I register?
A. If you are listing an ad for the first time you will need to register your details. Once you build your ad you will be directed to a log in registration page. Keep your registered username and password safe in order to access, update and edit your details and ad listings.
Q. I have not received my confirmation email, what do I do?
A. Once you have paid for your ad, you will receive a confirmation email that outlines the details of your ad. The confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address. If you have not received your confirmation email you should check your junk/spam email folder to see if your confirmation email has been incorrectly blocked. Always make sure you have registered the correct email address.
Q. How do I retrieve my lost password?
A. If you have lost your password then click 'Retrieve Password' on the log in page and check your email for your new password.
Q. How do I search for an item?
A. To search for a specific item you can filter using a related category by selecting from the "Select Classification" drop down. By entering keywords in the keyword search bar you are able to search for items that include specific text in the ad. If you wish to filter your results further use the left side-bar of options to display ads of particular classifications, price, features or locations.
Q. How do I report a listing violation?
A. If you find an ad offensive, suspicious, misleading, incorrectly classified, containing illegal or fraudulent information, you can notify us using the "Report this ad" feature in the bottom right side of the ad.
Q. How do I contact a seller?
A. If you are interested in purchasing an item listed, wish to ask the seller some questions regarding a listed item you can use the seller contact details to the right of the ad listing.
Q. How do I pay/receive payment for an item?
A. Payments for items must be arranged by the buyer and seller independently of The Flea Market using the seller's contact details. The Flea Market recommends you complete your transaction in person and does not advise the use of money transfers and shipping. No transaction services are supplied by The Flea Market.
Q. How long will my item be listed on www.TheFleaMarket.com.au ?
A. Items will appear on www.TheFleaMarket.com.au for 28 days from the day they are first posted. During this time you can edit you ad, remove your ad or update your details by logging in to your account.
Q. How do I remove my ad once my item has sold?
A. You will need to log in to your account and find the ad you wish to cancel from the 'Manage My Ads' page. Click on the ad you want to cancel, click the 'Cancel' button and select a cancellation reason code. For print ads, the ad will not appear if cancelled prior to the newspaper deadline. For an online ad, the ad will be removed immediately. If you cancel an ad that has a status of 'Submitted' and it is prior to the print deadline, you will receive a refund for your booking. If you cancel an ad that has a status of 'Active', you will not be entitled to a refund.
Q. How can I re-list my ad?
A. You can renew an ad that has a 'Finished' status. To renew an ad, select the ad from the 'Manage My Ads' page and click 'Renew'. You can renew an ad as many times as you want.
Q. How do I get my ad noticed?
A. The Flea Market has special options to help draw attention to your ad. When building your online ad:
- Marking your ad as urgent lets buyers know you are keen to sell and can speed up the process of selling your item. Buyers can also filter urgent ads using the search filters supplied. The image thumbnail of your ad will also be marked as urgent to catch the buyers' attention.
- You can choose to make your ad a priority listing, which places your ad at the top of matching classifications and keyword searches. It increases visibility of your ad and the chances of selling your item.
- You can choose to feature your ad on www.TheFleaMarket.com.au homepage making your ad visible to thousands of users who visit our homepage.
- Adding good quality images can enhance your ad and give buyers the best view of the item they are interested in purchasing.
Q. How can I update my ad details?
A. You are permitted to make any changes you wish to your ad. However, you will not be permitted to change the item name. Changes to your ad may incur additional costs or entitle you to a refund. You will be required to pay any outstanding charges or you will be automatically credited for any amount owed. The cost of your ad after the modifications will be displayed in the "Your Ad Cost" section. The changes to your ad will take affect after the ad has passed our quality assurance process.
Q. How many images can I upload?
A. You can include 1 photo for a print ad, and up to 8 photos for an online ad.
Q. How do I reply to a buyer enquiry?
A. You can reply to a buyer enquiry via email or by phone depending on the information supplied to you.
Q. What do I do if I am not satisfied with my purchased item?
A. www.TheFleaMarket.com.au is not accountable for buyer satisfaction, faulty items, warranty or any other agreement you make with a seller. We encourage you to thoroughly check the items condition before purchasing an item. Returns and refunds may be at the discretion of the item seller; however it is not advisable that you sign any contracts or agreements.
Q. I have listed my item but I can't find it online. Why?
A. You will need to allow 24 hours for your item to appear online. This is so we can make sure all listings are able to be filtered and checked. If your ad has disappeared it may have been reported as inappropriate and you will need to Contact Us to resolve this issue.
Q. Will my payment details be kept private and secure?
A. Davies Brothers Pty Ltd strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information of our customers. We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. To find out more about your privacy please refer to our Terms & Conditions .
Q. Does Flea Market supply buyer and seller protection?
A. www.TheFleaMarket.com.au does not provide buyer and seller protection. We do not review users' correspondence and are not involved in the actual transactions between users. As most of the content on www.TheFleaMarket.com.au comes from private parties, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings, user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered. To find out more about your protection please refer to our Terms & Conditions